Monday, April 12, 2010

blog # 14

My project has gotten much more specific over time but its not anywhere near to be considered a good research paper. At first when i was told to pick a topic for my research paper i didnt hesitate or reevaluated once what i want to reserach into. it came instantly to my mind i want to write about hazing. Being a part of a sorority myself i know what pledging is like and also carious hazing practices carried on throughout the process. it was a topic i could relate to the most. At this point of time i have most of my sources laid out. all i need to do is get my primary source with an OFSA worker and also put some pictures and use more of Nuwere Hank as he has written two detailed books on hazing with good interviews and pictures. i also need to edit some of the propoganda type of stuff and replace it with eveidences to bavck up my claims. my thought about the topic has changed not a lot but to a limited extent as my initial view on hazing was it is required and its has a meaning to it and i was confused between what should be done to prevent it and who is responsible. but now my ideas about the topic has changed a lot and has become specific as the only thing now that i focus on solely is the reasons behind hazing and how the urge to belong of the pledges make them bear and tolerate through all the ridiculous hazing rituals.the interviews of the pledges and their families given in Nuwer 's books gave me the best understanding of the topic. my own personal experiences, resent story of six sigma gamma rho sisters getting arrested has inspired me the most to write about this issue . i have learned that blogs do help it helpds you be more organized and not leave stuff till last minute. I have also learned that drafts even though rough and not actually graded should be taken seriously and handed in on time. I have learned to proofread the paper more than once after gettign my grade on analytic essay. i have learned how to give better titles and start the rsearch paper right on topic instead of writing out a broad propoganda about the topic.me as a writer sucks but i did like writing about this topic it was interesting.i can write good papers if i have good quotes, i just need a better vocab. and not repeat words.

No comments:

Post a Comment