Sunday, March 14, 2010

blog #9 broadening research dimensions

so, not all the sources for the research proposal proved very useful. And moreover after the conference with the Prof. i realized there is much more to the topic of hazing. The debatable issues are: Is hazing pledges bad on the whole or is it bad if done for the hell of it ? as per my discussion with prof. i need to look for a source which i am in search for right now that can help me provide a good phrase into which i can search further and base my paper on. I need a scolarly source to provide me with the limits beyond which hazing should be treated with stringent measures. another debatable issue would be to clarify between bad hazing and good hazing and incorporate this issue in the actual research question of why do fraternities and sororities haze? yes , undoubtedly i am having trouble finding sources i have tried to search hazing in fraternities or sororities as my research phrase in ebsco, gale, iris pais, but i have collected a very limited number of sources . i have found very good news articles of incidents on hazing through google. news but i need to learn how to cite it and also was wondering if its considered a scholarly source. I am very satisfied with the topic chosen for my final research as i can relate to it very well, but the only problem that i might face in order to reach my final research paper drafting sessions would be finding good scholarly sources. i am very sure i want to interview one of the OfSA members as they have experience for years trying to teach fraternities and sororities not to haze. so hopefully over spring break i find all my sources except the primary source needed to finish start on my research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment